Friday, May 2, 2014

Round Two

We had our follow up appointment today in hopes of proceeding with round two of fertility treatment. They did a sonogram to see if everything looked normal after our first treatment. For the most part, everything was normal. 

After our first unsuccessful treatment, the endometrium lining of my uterus was extremely thin. A fertilized egg needs the lining of the uterus to be a a certain thickness to implant, begin growing and carry on a successful pregnancy. They told us that the medication (Clomid) that they had me on can cause a thin lining. We were told that our next treatment, we would use daily injections VS the oral medication (Clomid). They are hoping that not only will the daily injections VS Clomid help re-thicken the lining but also control the number of follicles I produce. Last time, I produced EIGHT! They won't proceed with the IUI (intrauterine insemination) if there are more than four follicles. I suppose they don't want another Octomom. 

The doctor wrote us out a schedule of what medications to stop and which ones to start to begin our next treatment. I'm nervous about daily injections. Before, Daniel had to give me only two. I was too nervous to give it to myself. Honestly, he even got nervous when the time came to administer the shot! It was almost humorous watching the two of us try to get these two injections done. I can only imagine how we are going to get daily injections done. We will get through it though. 

This time, they have me on a very low dose to help control the number of follicles produced. They gave us a fancy little pen to administer the shots and it even came with a cute little case. Hey. I have to let myself get excited about this kind of stuff. It helps. We are scheduled to begin our daily injections on Mother's Day. I'm not sure if I am looking into things too much but I find it quite fitting that we begin on that day. I'm hopeful...so very hopeful that this treatment will be it. I return to the hospital for blood work on May 14th to see if the dose is adequate or if I need to continue with the injections for alittle longer. We will go from there after the blood test. 


How cute is that little bio hazard bin? 


For some reason, this little green case makes the thought of having 
to give those injections easier! 

We truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from our friends and family. It means the world to us. 

Let's do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment